(final pictures to come)
My creative practice is based upon jewellery and body adornment. Ideas are drawn from an emotional response to the aspects of human experiences, what it is to be human and the emotional factors of our existence. My ideas are largely drawn from past experiences and so my own recollections of growing up are a major factor in my work including the environment of my childhood and being surrounded by natural, serene surroundings. All images are copyright so please ask before using them.
Friday, 15 June 2012
Casting project - part 2....
Within the casting project, we also had to have a jewellery outcome as with most of our projects (you'll see why I say most later). A number of different metal casting techniques were offered to us: plaster (as with ceramics), silicone and cuttlefish. I chose to work with silicone becuase of the 3D outcome and the detail you can gain when casting in this material. I cast old china doll's heads and had the idea of finding a way to attach them onto the cast ceramic bottles I had already made. Corks seemed to be the way forward. However, I also had to make a cuttlefish mould (smelly stuff that it is!) and so I made flat backed doll's heads to make necklaces out of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment