This village has given me some of the happiest memories of my life and I wanted to find a way to immortalize that so I created a head-piece and a neck-piece incorporating elements that represented (for me) my childhood and what Cwmgiedd was to me.
The sketchbook is always a starting point as well as designing through making and I lost count of the amount of times I drew then re-drew designs in my book until I finally found a way of working that I was happy with and that suited me and my personality. (It's taken me a year to realise and find this)
sketchbook pages
designing through making
I finally came up with 2 compositions I was happy with and that looked right together where all the elements just fitted like a puzzle. Here is the final result.
Head-piece
Neck-piece
The final pieces incorporated metal leaves, feathers, chain and porcelain discs that had childhood memories written on them.








No comments:
Post a Comment